myblog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"Fast" food

I am in this crazy mood of laziness these days. I haven't even been trying to write blogs. I have been feeling so lazy that I would rather starve than make an effort to cook something and eat! Umm, not starve exactly, but I would eat fruits or crackers or anything, but cook! Well, while shopping for groceries a week ago, I happened to notice (I was oblivious to it previously) the various sauces in the sauce counters.

I have become a fan of Chinese food lately, as you might have noticed from an earlier blog of mine. A friend introduced me to oyster sauce, chilli sauce, soya sauce, etc, she uses to cook her kind (Chinese) of vegetables and curries. Oh what a God-send she is! I can't thank her enough for saving me (hahaha)!

I generally wait till my hunger pangs become too intense to ignore before I start searching for food. And then I go to my kitchen and I think "Oh, cooking that is going to take at least a half hour more! I cannot wait," and eat an apple, or a pear or something. So, now all I do is, have my rice ready and the rest is super fast, tasty and healthy! Behold, I am sharing my "fast" food recipe now.

This is all I do, and I can do, when I am at the point of going "FOOODDD!"

Garlic is always good to have. In a pan, add a little cooking oil, some smashed garlic and some chopped red chillies. And as per my mood at that moment, I decide what sauce (oyster, chilli or soya) I want to add! (Fancy me!) Fry for a few minutes and then add any green leafy vegetable (Pak choy, Choy sum, Kailan or even Brocolli, French Beans or whatever you have) and then stir fry till the vegetable is slightly cooked, but crispy.



Ta..daa.. its ready! Serve with rice and eat away.

Hope you find this easy recipe useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment