myblog

Friday, June 24, 2011

Try it today

I just had mushroom soup for breakfast. Hmm.. I probably will have Gulab Jamoon (sweet) for lunch!

I have always wanted to rebel the regular items on the menu for 3 meals of a typical day. Yeah, it is advised to stick to the menu for a healthy lifestyle. Dosa and Idli (made out of fermented dough/batter), Rotti (sort of like pancakes, but different), etc, for breakfast and Anna (rice) Sambar/Rasam/Daal (curry), etc, with subzi (vegetable side dish) for lunch and dinner. Seriously, what can happen if you eat Biryani for breakfast and Idli for dinner? I always wanted to know.

Well, fortunately/unfortunately, I can report nothing untoward. It just feels like I had mushroom soup for breakfast. It is a rather nice feeling, to be able to eat what you want when you want it.

I might not carry this on forever. I like my routine. But, once in a while, it is fun to break your own rules. *wink*

I always wanted to try on a skirt (I don’t consider myself a skirt person). What can happen at the most? I might not like me in it and might not want to wear it again. Well, that’s a small price for trying out what you always wanted to do!

Have you been thinking of going for the shaved-head look (men/woman)? May be not so radical, but short hair (women), long hair (men), or coloured hair (men/women)? Do you think you can carry it off? What about that course you have been thinking of taking up forever? Have you ever thought of joining salsa/ tango, etc, but been shy of it? Have you been intrigued by sculpted bodies, but always found excuses to avoid joining a gym/yoga/aerobics/etc? Have you wanted to wear mehendi (henna) on your hands? Boys, ever wanted to try some (light) makeup?

Have you ever thought of challenging yourself? Try it today. It might be fulfilling to not hold yourself back and give in just this once!

2 comments:

  1. that reminds me of the movie "nobody messes with Zohan"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kajal,

    Adam Sandler movie? How so? I have not watched it yet. It did not look so interesting.

    ReplyDelete